Sculptra Aesthetic Instructions
- Do NOT take aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, Naproxen, Aleve, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, fish oil, St. John’s Wort, garlic pills, or other anti-inflammatory medications for 1-2 weeks if okay with your primary physician. These medications can increase the risk of bruising. For mild pain or headaches Tylenol is preferred.
- Consider taking over the counter Arnica supplements starting 3-5 days before your treatment as they have been shown to decrease bruising.
- Inform your nurse or physician if you have a history of medication allergies, history of anaphylaxis, and any other medical problems.
- The ideal time to schedule this procedure is at LEAST 2 weeks before a big event.
- Make sure you notify your nurse or physician of lidocaine and epinephrine allergy.
- Massage the treated areas 5 times a day for about 5 minutes for 5 days after treatment.
- Massage with Magnesium Lotion.
- Hold ice packs on the treated areas gently for about 3-5 minutes a few times that day.
- Feel free to wear makeup a few hours after.
- Treated areas may be red, swollen, and bruised for the first 2-7 days. Injection points take 24-hours to heal.
- Do NOT get a facial or massage for 2 weeks after your filler procedure.
- Avoid strenuous workouts and alcohol for 24 hours if possible. No tanning.
- If bruising occurs, continue Arnica supplements, DO apply topical Arnica gel, drink fresh pineapple juice, and/or take Bromelain supplements to help bruising resolve faster.
- Bruising can be covered with makeup.
- A few days after treatment, you will look as you did before treatment. This is normal, over time,
- Sculptra will replace lost collagen.
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled about every 4-6 weeks.
- Visible results can be seen immediately after treatment however if not, you will experience improvement over the next 6-8 weeks. Collagen is forming to injected area over time. Best results 6-8 weeks after injection.
Results can last more than 2-4 years.
We want you to have an outstanding result. If you have any questions or unexpected concerns, please call the office for assistance.
Pre-Wrap Instructions for Mineral/Infrared Body Wrap
- Clients are advised not to eat for approximately two hours prior to their wrap to prevent discomfort. If you need to eat please eat something very light, no later than one hour prior to wrap, like a piece of fruit or small snack.
- Clients are advised not to drink a lot of fluids for approximately two hours prior to the wrap to avoid the need to use the restroom while wrapped.
- The client should always bathe before coming in for a wrap to ensure the body is cleaned of all lotions and perspiration.
- Please do NOT to use oils, lotions, cream-type bar soaps or perfumes before the wrap as this may clog the pores and decrease the wrap results.
- Self-tanners should not be used for at least 2 days prior to the wrap.
- Female clients should wear a wireless bra (or sports bra) and panties or thongs to be wrapped in. Bras with an underwire may cause bruising or irritation.
- Men should wear a pair briefs and a pair of boxer shorts over the briefs to be wrapped in. Boxers alone are often too thin, have the front opening, and may cause unnecessary embarrassment.
- Clients should bring dry undergarments to wear after their wrap.
- Female clients are discouraged from having a wrap during their menstrual cycle. A wrap during this time may cause the client discomfort.
- Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to their appointment to prevent delays and have enough time to fill out your client questionnaire.
Venus Post Instructions
Congratulations on beginning your Venus treatments! There are just a few things to keep in mind after your treatments:
- You should massage the treated area for 5 days, 2 times per days for 5 minutes each time.
- You should not tan or use any tanning products or have prolonged unprotected sun exposure during the course of your Venus treatments.
- You should follow a balanced diet and exercise regularly
- You should not become pregnant during the entire course of Venus Bliss
- You should not use any ice packs or heating pads on the treatment areas for at least 48 hours following each treatment. If your skin feels warm and you have redness lasting longer than 30 minutes, you can apply COOL compresses, but not ice, to the affected area.
- You should drink plenty of water, 64 ounces daily, to optimize your hydration and your skin health.
- Please notify my office if you notice skin redness lasting longer then 3-4hrs, any blisters, prolonged pain (pain after the treatment has ended), or any other signs that concern you. Pain is not considered a normal after treatment symptom and if you are experiencing pain you should let the office and your primary care physician know.
Venus After Instructions
- You should continue to follow a balanced diet
- Best results are expected 12 weeks after completion of treatment series
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water for the next 48 hours after each treatment
- We strongly encourage the use of a waist or body shaper. If shaper is too tight you can start off wearing it 4 hours/day. You should put on shaper immediately after Venus treatments. Avoid wearing shaper to bed.
- Please be sure to make a follow-up appointment in 12 weeks after the completion of your treatment series. During this appointment you will receive photos and measurements if applicable.
To make appointments for follow-up’s please call us at (678) 424-1176 or simply stop by the front desk and we will be happy to book it for you.