Sculptra Aesthetic Instructions
- Do NOT take aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, Naproxen, Aleve, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, fish oil, St. John’s Wort, garlic pills, or other anti-inflammatory medications for 1-2 weeks if okay with your primary physician. These medications can increase the risk of bruising. For mild pain or headaches Tylenol is preferred.
- Consider taking over the counter Arnica supplements starting 3-5 days before your treatment as they have been shown to decrease bruising.
- Inform your nurse or physician if you have a history of medication allergies, history of anaphylaxis, and any other medical problems.
- The ideal time to schedule this procedure is at LEAST 2 weeks before a big event.
- Make sure you notify your nurse or physician of lidocaine and epinephrine allergy.
- Massage the treated areas 5 times a day for about 5 minutes for 5 days after treatment.
- Massage with Magnesium Lotion.
- Hold ice packs on the treated areas gently for about 3-5 minutes a few times that day.
- Feel free to wear makeup a few hours after.
- Treated areas may be red, swollen, and bruised for the first 2-7 days. Injection points take 24-hours to heal.
- Do NOT get a facial or massage for 2 weeks after your filler procedure.
- Avoid strenuous workouts and alcohol for 24 hours if possible. No tanning.
- If bruising occurs, continue Arnica supplements, DO apply topical Arnica gel, drink fresh pineapple juice, and/or take Bromelain supplements to help bruising resolve faster.
- Bruising can be covered with makeup.
- A few days after treatment, you will look as you did before treatment. This is normal, over time,
- Sculptra will replace lost collagen.
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled about every 4-6 weeks.
- Visible results can be seen immediately after treatment however if not, you will experience improvement over the next 6-8 weeks. Collagen is forming to injected area over time. Best results 6-8 weeks after injection.
Results can last more than 2-4 years.
We want you to have an outstanding result. If you have any questions or unexpected concerns, please call the office for assistance.
VelashapeTM POST- TREATMENT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Congratulations on beginning your VelaShape treatments! There are just a few things to keep in mind after your treatments:
1. You should not have any deep tissue massage for 48 hours following each VelaShape treatment.
2. You should not tan or use any tanning products or have prolonged unprotected sun exposure during the course of your VelaShape treatments.
3. You should not participate in any contact sports for 48 hours after each VelaShape treatment (kick-boxing, soccer, etc)
4. You should not use any ice packs or heating pads on the treatment areas for at least 48 hours following each treatment. If your skin feels warm and you have redness lasting longer than 30 minutes, you can apply COOL compresses, but not ice, to the affected area.
5. You should drink plenty of water, 64 ounces daily, to optimize your hydration and your skin health.
6. Please notify my office if you notice skin redness lasting longer than 30 minutes, any blisters, prolonged pain (pain after the treatment has ended), or any other signs that concern you.
We’re here for you, so feel free to call with any questions or concerns.